The Mission of the Gering High School Library Media Center is to create a warm, safe and collaborative learning atmosphere that supports the district mission statement and the high school improvement goals. As the largest classroom in the school, we seek to provide equitable access to resources while promoting the integration of information literacy skills. The Library Media center strives to foster a lasting appreciation of reading and life-long desire to learn.
Library Media Circulation Center Policies
The Library Media Center has been maintained to service staff, students and community members. Our hours of operation are Monday-Thursday from 7:30-4 and Friday from 7:30-3:30 or by appointment. The Library Media Center is open during lunch periods for students who want to study, use technology or just relax. The Library does have a water only policy. No other food or drink is allowed unless provided as a pre-arranged group activity.
Check Out/Fine Policy
· Books are checked out for a period of 14 school days and renewals are allowed at the discretion of the Librarian.
· The maximum number of books to be checked out at one time is three.
· A fine of 5 cents per day per item may be applied for overdue items. The maximum fine will be $5.00.
· If a book is lost, the student will pay the replacement cost of the book.
· A maximum of 3 holds can be placed on three different books. Ready holds expire in 7 days and pending holds expire in 21 days.
· If a student has overdue or lost items from the library, the student will lose all privileges until the situation has been resolved.
· Other items such as headphones, Kindles, digital cameras, video cameras, markers, scissors, etc. have a loan period of three hours. Unless otherwise discussed with the Librarian.